Our Outpatient Counselling Clinic focuses on supporting individuals in our community based clinic in the Halifax area.
The outpatient services provided by Oakhill are designed to support individuals who are either not able to attend an inpatient program or who are able to begin the journey to recovery while still living at home and going about their day to day lives. Whether one is still struggling with the use of substances or other harmful behaviours, or seeking support for transitioning back to a home and work environment, our staff work with each client to develop a comprehensive care program designed for the unique requirements of every person.
Our services are available for a range on individuals who are interested in making positive changes in their lives. Some are struggling with their own use of substances, while others are being impacted by the use of another persons use. Some individuals may be looking for counselling related to a traumatic event that occurred in their life, either recently or a long time ago. The goal of our counsellors is to work in partnership with our clients to sort of what the struggles may be and how to work towards repair and recovery.
Change can be hard, and with this in mind, we understand that slipping back into old behaviours or coping strategies is most common during the early stages of recovery. Our team can provide the support to stay on track and maintain. The crucial extra support can help individuals maintain their goals of recovery.
Family support during recovery can also be an important aspect of a successful recovery. Outpatient support can help the client and the family with the adjustment of life as they return to their daily lives including home, work and community.
Oakhill Outpatient Services provides a variety of services, all designed to support you or a family member on the journey towards a successful recovery.
- Treatment and Case Management
- Individual and group counselling therapy for individuals with substance abuse, sex addiction, mental health or PTSD.
- Individual or group sessions focusing on emotional regulation using Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT), and well as groups related to trauma using the approach of Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT).
- Transition planning and case management for individuals who are returning to their communities, seeking or changing employment, continuing education, and finding suitable housing.
- Counselling for individuals who are impacted by a family member, partner or friend’s addiction.
Online and in person sessions are available.
- Substance abuse screening and assessments
- Urine drug testing: scheduling and reporting
Contact us for more information.